On Board Contracts Manager - York - Fixed Term
What do we have on offer?
We’re recruiting for an On Board Contracts Manager to join us on a temporary basis. This is an exciting opportunity to take responsibility for developing and delivering commercial strategies in relation to our on board catering in both First and Standard Class.
You will be involved in...
- Working with the Head of Customer Experience Strategy to deliver customer enhancement projects on time and within budget.
- Ensuring effective processes are in place to engage front line teams in the delivery of the catering proposition.
- Ensuring colleagues within your area of control are skilled, knowledgeable and actively demonstrate the behaviours required ensuring a robust and engaged performance.
- Supporting the development of the VTEC brand by ensuring alignment of menu development, contract management, supply chain and procurement strategies with the customer experience, corporate, environmental and social responsibility strategies.
- Conducting and managing negotiations to ensure business requirements are met, driving value for money and ensuring processes are in place for effective contract management.
- Managing the on board budget as it relates to the catering proposition.
- Applying astute and rigorous commercial best practice to manage the performance of all internal and external catering contracts, including the management of the Rail Gourmet contract.
- Acting as the business lead for retendering and renegotiating contracts, when necessary and implementing challenging service level agreements and ensuring providers perform consistently to these levels.
What do we need you to be?
- Have excellent customer focus.
- Sound leadership experience is a must; you have to be able to demonstrate excellent people management skills and the ability to motivate and develop a small team of specialists to deliver change and innovation.
- Be an effective team player, the On Board Services Development team are within the Customer Experience team and we work together to drive improvements in our customer service proposition.
- Have experience of managing multi million pound contracts, driving improvement in the performance of suppliers in order to enhance the customer experience.
- Demonstrate sound project management experience with a proven track record of delivering targets and projects within budget and on time.
- Know your way around a spreadsheet, profit and loss account and are able to develop sophisticated forecasting models.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job