YGAM is a dynamic and growing UK registered charity proudly working with a wide range of stakeholders including; gambling and gaming operators, education professionals, local authorities, public health, regulators, and universities nationwide. In 2016/17 we worked with 348 educational organisations, who in turn helped us to reached almost 30,000 young people. For 2017/18 we are planning on reaching at least 500 education organisations who in turn may help us to reach as many as 100,000 young people.
Given the high demand in our social purpose and our continued and projected future growth we are looking for a highly organised and efficient Administrative Officer who could support the Chief Executive and the future development of YGAM. This post is being offered as an initial part-time (16 hours per week) role and offers a competitive salary of £12.00 to £14.00 per hour. This is a home-based role and we are seeking a highly organised, motivated and experienced individual who lives in Kent, ideally in the proximity of Maidstone which is where our Chief Executive and accountants are based.
The post holder will be the principle point of contact and support for the Chief Executive in terms of managing schedules and employee travel arrangements. The post holder will be in charge for managing employee and compliance records, helping with research for funding applications, maintain the YGAM intranet and assist with the preparation of our weekly bank payment run.
See our website for the full job description and the application pack.
Minimum Level 3 Qualification (e.g. A level)
Essential Skills and Experience
• Proven work experience as an Administrative Officer, Administrator, AP clerk or similar roles
• Solid knowledge of office procedures and invoice coding
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and OneDrive specifically)
• Experience with high street bank online banking systems (payment setup and transaction reports)
• Organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
• Excellent written, verbal communication skills and attention to detail are pivotal
• Work experience in the third sector is an advantage
- Office Procedures
- Organization Skills