Permanent - 37.5 hours per week
Hudson are working exclusively with an Edinburgh based, global organisation to recruit a proactive and dynamic Office Manager.
The successful candidate will be efficient and confident working as a member of a wide and diverse team. The ability to multi-task, while managing your workload and maintaining the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of the office is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organised.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Answering the telephone and screening calls before transferring to staff
- Friendly greeting of clients and visitors and attending to their needs
- Dealing with incoming mail
- Ensure meetings rooms are properly prepared for client/internal meetings/events, as well as arranging lunches, refreshments, transport, reserving parking spaces etc.
- Maintaining a welcoming, safe and comfortable environment at all times
- Assume responsibility for maintenance and ordering of office equipment/supplies and supervision of associated contracts/invoice payments such as;
- Copiers, conference phone, desk phones, water cooler, stationery
- Cleaning contract
- Waste collection contract
- Art rental contract
- Office repairs/maintenance
- Training staff on any office processes
- Extensive data management, document control and filing
- Preparation of complex data
- Office configuration such as preparations for accommodating staff, arranging new office furniture i.e. desks, board room table, kitchen facilities,
- Health and safety management, risk assessments, accident logs, office inspections, First Aider and Fire Officer
- HR administrative duties, for example: recording staff holidays; sickness absence: updating staff handbook.
- Minute taking
- Proven experience in a professional office administration role
- Trustworthy with the ability to keep information confidential
- Flexible with the ability to respond to urgent requests
- Methodical with impeccable organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A solid understanding of MS Office 365 (especially Outlook, Word, SharePoint and PowerPoint)
- Experience dealing with the most senior stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task in an environment where there can be peaks of high pressure
- Resourceful and able to find solutions to problems
Please note that Hudson will only contact you if you are actively being considered for this role