- Job title: Office Manager
- Recruiter: European Leadership Network (ELN)
- Closing date: Monday 30 April 2018
- Salary range: £24,000 - £33,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience
- Preferred start date: As soon as possible
- Location: Central London
- Duration: Permanent
WHO WE ARE
The European Leadership Network (ELN) is a non-partisan NGO with a network of over 170 past, present and future European leaders working to provide practical real-world solutions to political and security challenges.
Through its high-quality research, publications, events, practical policy advocacy, media reach and high powered pan-European networks, the ELN works for better security in wider Europe.
WHAT WE NEED
With a team of eight based in London and Warsaw, we are now expanding and are looking to recruit talented new people to help us grow. We need an experienced Office Manager to join our dynamic team.
By joining the ELN, you can help us generate and deliver the practical recommendations for better security that shape policy. If you enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in a growing London-based NGO then we would love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As Office Manager you would be responsible for managing the smooth running of the office, improving company procedures and day-to-day operations.
Main duties include:
Supporting the work of the Director and senior team by:
- Coordinating the Director’s ELN activities in cooperation with ELN staff members.
- Diary management and coordination of meetings, delegation visits and briefings.
- General administrative support to the senior team.
Manage all aspects of the organisation’s Human Resources work including:
- Ensure the ELN is legally compliant and follows best practices in all aspects of its Human Resource policies;
- Ensure that data protection laws are being adhered to in relation to the storage of data, and review and update policies;
- Manage and update relevant contracts, office leases and insurance policies;
- Provide HR support to individual staff members as required,including issuing and collecting employment contracts, P45 and employee references; organising staff training, annual performance reviews, terminations and approving annual leave;;
- Organise, manage and review external services such as cleaning, recycling and waste, coordinating all IT support with external providers, including for troubleshooting;
- Record office expenditure and staff expenses, check and purchase office stationery and equipment, and manage incoming and outgoing mail.
Ensure the ELN Board of Directors is properly serviced with secretarial support and is operating in accordance with UK company law, including by:
- Organising meetings of the board;
- Liaising with lawyers and Director to ensure all necessary papers are provided to the Board in a timely fashion.
- Previous experience in an office administrator/office manager role.
- Excellent organisational, planning and administrative skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work using own initiative with limited supervision if necessary.
- Experience of dealing with work of a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Experience of working in busy, occasionally high pressured work environment.
- Experience of using MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Excellent writing skills and an eye for detail
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and under pressure
How to Apply
- To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter (with Office Manager 2018 in the subject line)
- Please restrict your CV to no more than two pages of A4. This should clearly outline relevant experience to date.
- The covering letter should be no longer than one A4 page and detail why you would be interested in this position and how you meet the person specification.
- Candidates must have permission to work in the UK.
- For more information on the European Leadership Network please visit our website.
Please note that, due to the large number of applications we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified. If you have not heard from us within 7 days of the closing date, you have not been successful.
- Human Resources
- Office Manager
- Organisational Skills
- Secretarial Support
- Staff Training
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job