Leading e-Infrastructure and Network organisation requires an Amsterdam based Office Manager to be responsible for managing facilities and administration of the Amsterdam office, as well as provision of support to members of the Executive including the CEO.
The role will direct and coordinate all office services, including maintaining Health and Safety regulations, and administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the Amsterdam office.
The role is responsible for managing facilities within the Amsterdam office, including the management of the front office activities and directing our reception area.
- Supervises and coordinates the administrative activities for the Amsterdam Office
- Provides personal assistant support to the CEO and other Executive team members
- Ensures support is provided for postal and shipping and that logistical arrangements for meetings and conference and workshop support is provided
- Manages all Health and Safety related activities with the support of the Office Administrator and reports on these activities to the Facilities Manager
- Manages all general office related insurances
- Oversees the reception area to ensure efficient and effective practices are deployed and reception cover is maintained
- Organises social events with the support of the Office Administrator
- Responsible for the management of archives in accordance with retention requirements
- Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for staff in accordance with company purchasing policies working closely with the Procurement Manager in Amsterdam
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities and is the main point of contact with landlord and other tenants liaising closely with the Facilities Officer in the planning/approval and funding of all changes
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, franking machine, etc
- Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as distributing building access keys and back-up to security access codes, etc)
- Responsible for management of the office petty cash
- Participates as needed in special department projects
In addition to the above you will carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required.
Qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required
- Office Management experience;
- Business administration/business management (HBO level qualification or equivalent proven experience);
- Diary management experience from a personal assistant perspective;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages;
- The capacity to prioritise tasks and work under pressure;
- Ability to liaise well with others and delegate tasks;
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Very good spoken and written English and Dutch?
- Ability to work on your own initiative;
- Attention to detail;
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads;
- Problem-solving skills and project management ability.