An accountancy firm in Manchester are looking for a new Office Manager to head up the administration team
Your new company
Having been established over 30 years ago, this company is renowned across the North-West as a leader in their financial field, both as a supplier and as an employer. Their offices, based a short walk from Deansgate, offer a plush, professional atmosphere and great facilities. They are looking for a new Office Manager due to an internal reshuffle. The team themselves are down-to-earth and sociable.
Your new role
Your new role will be varied, but the main duties will be to:
- Oversee the smooth running of the office environment on a day to day basis
- Provide day to day administration support to the directors
- Assist the small team with aspects of customer care, reception duties, call handling and screening. Follow up on phone calls and contacts as appropriate
- Deal with incoming post and distribution amongst the team, and deal with independently where appropriate
- Arrange office events, training and lunches
- Manage the health and safety as well as fire regulations within the office
- Take responsibility for credit control
- Issue invoices for payroll and other regular services
- Assist the director responsible for HR with correspondence, employment contracts, management of annual appraisals etc
- Manage and maintain the practice time ledger and track staff holidays
- Be the main contact for the company's outsourced IT provider
- Management of social media communications to include website, twitter and blogs
What you'll need to succeed
Previous office management experience or strong administration experience is essential. You will need strong communication skills both written and verbally, and great organisational skills. You will need to be confident and proactive, with a good understanding of daily business functions to ensure you can be a point of contact for all areas of the company.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of up to £27,000 depending on experience. This company does offer an optional benefit package including a pensions scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.