A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, confident Office Manager/Senior Administrator to join my client within their organisation. This Organisation is within the education sector and my client is seeking someone with proven people management experience, confident, articulate with the ability to converse with both internal and external clients at all levels (for example children, parents, staff, suppliers) and with exceptional administration skills.
My client will provide all the necessary in-house training to the successful candidate.
Please note this role is full time i.e. 40 hours per week, 8.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday, 39 weeks per year.
Successful Candidates Must Be Available For Interviews W/C 5th March 2018
The Office Manager is responsible for:
- Providing professional and efficient customer service
- Smooth running of the School Office
- Quality of the pupil data on net
- Preparation/submission of pupil and assessment returns
- Pupil attendance monitoring
- Administration of school lettings
- Management of day-to-day ICT queries and ordering
- Management of student extra-curricular provision administration - school meals & extra-curricular clubs
- Co-ordination of all admissions from the school perspective. Liaise with SCC, Headteacher and parents as required including tours and data collection.
- Updating the School Admissions Module (SAM) to ensure correct representation of school figures with regard to pupil admissions.
- Ensuring the data contained on the pupil SIMS database is up to date and accurate.
- Leading the annual Early Years intake process.
- Preparation and completion of termly School Census.
- Updating the pupil assessment programme Target Tracker.
- Preparation and completion of all pupil based returns to Surrey.
- Providing data to Headteacher for Director & Governor reports.
- Produce requested data for all stakeholders including Ofsted inspectors.
- Ensuring that professional and efficient customer service in the school office always.
- Weekly school newsletter - collating articles and images. Creating the final draft for Head to Distribution to parents and staff. Uploading to website and school app.
- Creating and updating the digital signage presentation.
- Overseeing various diaries on Gmail.In partnership with the LLT Communications Manager:
- Content of School website: updating and refreshing content as necessary e.g. Termly class timetables, online calendar, online forms.
- Ensure the school social media pages are updated and monitored on a regular basis and liaising with Senior Leadership where needed.
- Updating the school prospectus content on an annual basis.
- Updating the Family Handbook.
- Manage day-to-day ICT queries
- Administration of School Lettings
- Respond to enquiries and seek potential lets
- Calculate amount to charge for review/approval by School Business Manager
- Raise invoices
- Chase payment as required
- Check Caretaker hours with letting agreement and pursue discrepancies e.g. different time of day to let agreed or longer/ shorter let than agreed
- Ensure all documentation is on file and kept up to date
- Liaise with School Business Manager as required
Managing a team
- Effectively manage the Office Assistants and Welfare Officer to ensure that all office duties are completed on a timely basis e.g. parent queries, school meals, attendance, clubs, trips, after-school bookings, carrying out reception duties including answering telephone queries, greeting parents and signing in visitors.
- Carrying out annual appraisals for the office team members.
- Monitor and suggest training requirements for office staff
- Ensure all office staff are able to cover each other's duties in the case of absence.
- Work as a positive team player, demonstrating mutual respect and integrity.
- Mindful and respectful of individual student needs which require liaison with the Pastoral Team and communication with office team members.
- Responsibility for the updating and management of the school's asset management.
- Attend regular meetings with school/ Trust colleagues.
- Manage new staff induction processes.
- Undertake professional duties and responsibilities necessary for the smooth running of the school as may be reasonably assigned to you or directed by the Headteacher.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent written English - GCSE A-C Grade
- Maths GCSE A-C Grade
- Excellent all round administration skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Experience of working within a busy office environment
- Experience of managing a team - desirable
- Good ICT skills
- Basic First Aid - Desirable
- Understands the importance of confidentiality
- Customer Service
- Office Manager
- Senior Administrator