Our client, a firm of Solicitors, located in Woolwich SE18 are seeking to recruit an experienced Office Manager/Legal Cashier.
This is a Part Time role covering 3 days per week. Fridays are mandatory due to the nature of the business, however the other 2 days are negotiable.
- General day to day management of accounts and compliance with Solicitors’ Accounts Rules.
- Posting client and office receipts and payments, internal transfers and costs on a daily basis on Tikkit p4w accounts system:
- Weekly and monthly bank reconciliations and querying any discrepancies with bank, reporting to Senior Partner each Monday morning
- Client ID & Source Codes - Monthly check.
- Manually checking and preparing telegraphic for transfers
- On-line banking daily updating accounts preparing and checking telegraphic transfers and general on-line banking procedures.
- Paying Partners` Drawings
- Paying Partners` income tax.
- Preparing and paying Salaries and PAYE/NIC using SAGE accounting package
- Paying pension contributions and liaising with staff regarding this
- Preparing PAYE and NIC annual return and P60s for staff and partners
- VAT declaration and payment by BACS to HMRC
- Credit Control
- Posting Legal Aid receipts weekly
- Paying invoices
- Registering incoming cheques and distributing same to fee earners.
- Allocating Land registry fee from statement on Land Registry website (direct debit)
- Allocating court fees from weekly invoice (direct debit)
- Allocating GCS indemnity insurance from monthly invoice (invoice BACS)
- Checking completion statements on the day prior to completion for conveyancing fee earners
- Managing relationship with Bank of Scotland: client, Office & Deposit account Managing relationship with HSBC: client, office and Deposit account (dormant)
- Month and year end procedures printing reports and distribution to partners.
- Preparation and inputting of partnership budgets.
- Monthly analysis of budgets against actuals.
- Monthly analysis of unbilled disbursements, time, matters and work in progress
- Monthly analysis of cash flow
- Preparing various analysis for accountants
- Monthly meeting with senior partner to review cash flow, debts and bank balances
- General housekeeping. i.e. ensuring regular archiving of client files.
- Responsible for Office Insurance renewal
- Petty Cash
- Taking payments by debit and credit card and banking totals nightly on terminal
- Ensuring company are compliant with industry standards through Security Metrics.
- Ordering cheques and paying- in books
- Responsible for Commissioners fees
- Updating and maintaining office Manual on the internal directory
- Lexcel six & Conveyancing Quality Scheme - Maintaining annual Accreditation, managing meeting with outside consultant
- Supervision of reception and scanning staff
- Organising annual diversity questionnaire and inputting online to the Law Society.
- Training budget and records
- Induction of new staff
- Maintenance of office equipment
- Keeping records of sickness, absences and holidays
- Ordering Accounts stationery
This is a permanent part time position.