Office Angels is working with a fantastic start up business who are seeking an Office Manager to support a team of 25 immediately, based in Islington, Noth London. They are a newly launched business backed by some of Europe's leading VC's. They have an experienced & passionate team with track records in some of Europe's leading start-up's, private equity, consulting, investment banking, and much more. The founders are working hard to position themselves as one of Europe's leading sustainability focused start-up's.
JOB TITLE: OFFICE MANAGER
COMPANY: Start up business - Consultancy - Energy & Tech
HOURS: 35 hour week, although you may need to come in early or stay late during busy periods
START DATE: Immediately
SALARY: Up to £35,000pa
LOCATION: Islington, North London
CULTURE: Spacious offices, fun culture, dynamic, vibrant, creative, technology orientated
Seeking a great organiser with strong administration skills and a flair for leading and motivating teams
As an Office manager, you're responsible for organising all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of an office. This includes the organising of people, information and other resources. You must make sure that office equipment is maintained, relevant records are up to date and that all administration processes work effectively.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As an Office Manager, you'll need to:
- Buy equipment/hardware (i.e. laptops, phones, screens, mouse, ink, coffee etc.)
- Set-up processes to label and track hardware given to employees
- Set-up processes for employees (especially the remote ones) to acknowledge reception of hardware
- On-board procedures for new employees from a hardware stand-point
- Managing software licenses and setting-up/resetting accounts
- Solve IT issues that keep popping-up (Printer not working, Wifi issues, etc.)
- Use a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases, to ensure the efficient running of the office
- Manage online and paper filing systems
- Develop and implement new administrative systems, such as record management
- Record office expenditure and manage the budget
- Organise the office layout and maintain supplies of stationery and equipment
- Maintain the condition of the office
- Review and update health and safety policies and ensure they're observed
- Check that data protection laws are being adhered to in relation to the storage of data, and review and update policies
- Arrange regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices
Behaviours we value as a business
- Be Solution Led
- Deliver Great Performance: Be flexible with working hours to meet deadlines and lead by example;
- Flexibility: Ability to work well in a flexible, "roll up your sleeves" and dynamic work environment - interested in building something from scratch - not dependent on big budgets and big teams to make things happen
- Connect to our purpose: Taking interest in sustainability a big plus
- Be Authentic
What to expect
- Fun culture where hard work is rewarded
- Become an integral part of a growing business with high moral and social reward
- Great coffee bar
- New Mac, 25 inch screen
If this company and position appeals to you then please apply your CV on-line.
Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer
Office Angels are an Employment Business
Thank you for your interest in this role. All successful applications will be contacted within 5 working days. Due to the high volume of applications we receive we do ask for your patience to wait to hear from the consultant rather than to call us directly.
If you have not heard after 5 working days then unfortunately we were unable to consider your application on this occasion.
Office Angels Oxford Circus branch look after roles in the following locations and all areas in between: Oxford Circus, Bond Street, Marble Arch, Marylebone, Mayfair, Baker Street, Edgware Road, Regents Park, St Johns Wood, Primrose Hill
Advertised by Office Angels, Camden branch
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- "office manager" "office" "operations" "admin" "PA"