An exciting new opportunity has become available for an Office Manager (Financial Services) to join a established client based in Sevenoaks.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of the office, providing effective daily communication/updates with the Senior Partner.
- Assist in providing and maintaining support and quality service to existing and prospective clients of the Practice and services.
- Provide a high quality, confidential secretarial and administration support service to the Senior Partner to include gathering of information, report preparation, formulation of statistical and financial information.
- To adhere to compliance procedures of the business in line with the requirements of the Regulator (Financial Conduct Authority).
- Provide a sound secretarial and administrative service to the 'back office' and non-sales related activities of the Practice, including scanning, e-filing, scheduling meetings, collecting post, fax and email communications, taking action where appropriate.
- To maintain the diary system for appointments, forwarding messages and on-going record of action taken.
- To prepare new client/prospect files (electronically) as they arise and obtain and prepare information for the audit of Clients existing policies as directed.
- Follow-up via telephone and/or email to obtain and provide information regarding Client or Practice administration
- Prepare financial planning reports and suitability letters ensuring a sound level of accuracy at all times.
- Reports, suitability letters, formulate statistical and financial information
- To compile Clients Financial Plan, obtain information necessary to compile Financial Cash Flow Forecast; draw up Asset and Policy Schedules and to transfer data
- Preparation of recommendations, to undertake research independently and with Partner and to identify solution
- Draft recommendation reports and to discuss with Partner and agree and implement recommendations.
- Responsible for the timely administration of fund switching, withdrawal and other client requests ensuring accuracy at all times.
- Monthly analytics to include Fund Fact Sheets and monthly Practice statistics.
- To maintain strong communications with the Client and to follow-up and organise/diarise future planning meetings.
- Experience gained within a similar role within the Financial Services Sector is essential
- Use of IT systems gained within a financial services; Microsoft Office/Outlook Systems and managing databases, spreadsheets and filing systems
- Experience of preparing financial planning reports & suitability letters
- Experience of formulating statistical and financial information for Clients/Prospects and producing initial draft reports.
- Working knowledge of compliance procedures in line with the requirements of the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills - verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively time manage own workload and monitor the workload and output of others.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Good time management skills - working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to conduct own research on issues related to the role and Practice.
- Good secondary education to include Grades B or above in both English and Maths at GCSE level or equivalent - Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Be able to demonstrate initiative.
- Willingness to learn and maintain up to date knowledge related to the role and industry to include participating in training and gaining qualifications relevant to the role.