As an infrastructure specialist, Murphy directly employs more than 4,000 engineers, professional managers and skilled operatives across the world. We operate in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia and the Middle East. We have a number of specialist capabilities such as pipelines, process, marine, tunnelling and piling, and we invest heavily in our substantial holding of plant, equipment and facilities.
Office Manager - Construction
Murphy Group is currently recruiting for an Office Manager to support the project team and Manager at a new rail project based at Bicester. The Office Manager will be responsible for the day to day operational delivery of key financial processing and admin duties, this position will suit a candidate who enjoys a busy and fast paced environment that offers autonomy from the outset with no two days the same.
Murphy has been awarded a £8.5mil project for the work at Blackthorn and Piddington Rail Embankment Stabilisation Scheme. Works to be carried out are to stabilise the railway embankment of the Ashendon to Aynho railway line between Blackthorn and Paddington along with the creation of a maintenance access route alongside the embankment to allow for occasional maintenance access. The project is expected to last for 18months to two years.
- Ensure Murphy project managers are supported in a consistent, standard way for projects (typically less than £15m) and are compliant with the finance and project processes therein
- Be responsible and accountable (as a process custodian) on behalf of the Project and Site manager for executing key finance and project processes (raising requisitions, GRN orders, reporting status) associated with ordering materials, resources and plant
- Support the Project and Site manager with key labour processes (e.g. timesheet collection, coding, collecting overtime requests)
- Become proficient in using the MSD 365 system for processing project transactions and running reports
- Run weekly management order reports, review them and host review meetings with the Project Manager, Quantity Surveyor to determine the interventions and decisions that need to be made on the project costs
- Highlight and escalate to the PM on interventions required on Site where there is lack of process compliance by site personnel that would risk financial accuracy of the project numbers
- Support a culture of Continuous Improvement and of sharing best practice amongst the team
- Upwardly manage senior site based staff to comply with process and procedures – thus be a the centre of shifting a cultural change in Murphy project delivery for where it is today
- Experience working in the construction industry or similar may be beneficial
- Relevant experience in a transaction process role (AP, purchase ledger, procurement, finance) and/or broad business administration position
- Enjoy building relationships with key stakeholders on site and in the wider Murphy Group
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'