JOB TITLE - Administrative Officer and PA to the CEO
SALARY - £25,000 - £30,000
LOCATION - LONDON (OXFORD STREET)
JOB PURPOSE - Reporting to the Head of Finance and Operations, the Administrative Officer and PA to the CEO provides coordination and support to the small but busy team, and organises and coordinates the front office and office operations. This support and coordination role will help the office as a whole to sustain high professional standards and effectiveness.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND CORE TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
5.1 PA to the CEO (40%)
- Support the CEO in diary management, coordinating across multiple offices and time zones
- Meeting arrangements and support, including scheduling and invitations, catering, AV needs, and on-the-day assistance
- Conference calls and video confrence support, coordinating participants, time zones, and logistics
- All CEO travel arrangements, including flights, hotels, cars, and visa support as required
- Maintain and submit all CEO expense reports
- Assist with other organisational tasks, from agendas and advance materials to meeting follow up and tracking tools
- Other assignments as required
5.2 Office support (40%)
- Establish effective and excellent relationships as the 'face' of company. This includes greeting and receiving guests, as well as interacting with high-level officials.
- Provide support to the Head of Finance and Operations in processing travel expenses and administration
- Support communications and public affairs events, facilitate and support hosting of meetings and events for partners, including travel, visas, accommodation, and catering; may require some out of office duties in support at events
- Collect and maintain a detailed inventory of office equipment and supplies; research price and service options and purchase as directed
5.3 IT administration and coordination (10%)
- Act as an IT focal point for the unit, liaising with internal IT support as necessary to trouble-shoot issues and order equipment
- Set up new employees with allocated and functioning IT toolkit in a timely fashion and similarly the exit handover of the same leaving employees
- Work with IT services to ensure that all software is updated and maintained on individual's computer and hardware on a regular basis (e.g. regular back up of all system software and protocols, including latest updates of virus software)
- Coordinate facilities in the building for internal and external events; scheduling, setting up and maintaining teleconference and video conference facilities, projectors and meeting arrangements
5.4 Health, safety, security and environment (10%)
- Act as the Health and Safety Officer and Fire Marshal for the unit and coordinate quarterly meetings with the building, including preparation of agendas
- Act as the First Aider including attending annual certification
- Create and cultivate an office culture that contributes to the happiness and well-being of all employees, including arranging birthday celebrations, celebrating unit milestones, arranging quarterly and year-end activities, and creating a space and place employees enjoy working in and feel positive about
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURS, ATTRIBUTES
- Highly organised with strong logistical skills and proven consistent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, tact, patience and ability to work in a cross-institutional, multicultural environment dealing with senior and high-level officials/persons and VIPs
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills and ability to draft and write effective copy and present to a range of audiences from senior-level to partners and suppliers
- Comfortable working independently and under minimal supervision but also forming an essential component of a team
- Strong operational and IT skills as well as an openness to learning new software and tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and databases, Apple OSX and iOS.
- Keen interest in international development and improving knowledge of these issues will be a distinct advantage
- Previous experience of office administration and senior-level PA work
- Proven ability to multitask in a busy, open-plan office environment; ability to work under pressure, juggling various requests and deadlines
- Proven ability to deliver a consistently high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
- Flexible approach to working, able to pick up a variety of tasks/projects with minimal supervision; ability to anticipate issues or scenarios when planning calls, meetings, or business trips, and to address them proactively.
- Committed to international development, improving the quality of life and promoting pluralism through civil society
- Demonstrates equity, transparency and integrity with high personal and organisational ethical standards; is fair, honest and trustworthy with respect for confidentiality; inspires and builds trust and respect from others; promotes credibility and professional reputation
- Respectful of diversity; sensitive toward others in their context, situation and challenges; pluralistic, open and understanding toward other people's cultures, values, autonomy, and faiths; demonstrates compassion and empathy; is courteous to others with respect for their background, religion, gender and age
Advertised by Office Angels Oxford Street. If you would like to apply for this role then please Apply via Advert or EMAIL your CV to quoting reference: NZ0404PA
Please note that due to a high volume of response Office Angels receive; only successful candidates will be contacted.
For the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Office Angels in the provision of these services will be operating as a recruitment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.