Our client provides high quality building / interior services for new and existing installations in the commercial and public sectors.
They provide the complete service from initial discussion to the design and building of projects. They achieve the high quality work thanks to our highly skilled and experienced team of carpentry and joinery staff. Offering a wide range of building services for both new and existing buildings, they can custom build to your requirement.
How you can expect to spend your day:
- This is a varied role. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to learn how a small business operates and how it requires a multifaceted approach.
- The tasks will be to incorporate these titles into your role: Document Controller/Office Manager/Assistant Finance Manager/ Assistant marketing manager
- You will be supervised by the management accountant who will guide you through the duties expected.
- You will also get to work with Quantity surveyors and assist the company directors.
- Providing office management and control of facilities functions.
- Manage and control budgets and improve running of the office and minimise budget, looking at cost effective ways to reduce spend: presenting ideas to Commercial Director and implement changes.
- Manage contracts: food and drink suppliers, cleaners, taxi, couriers, electricity, water coolers, air conditioning, stationery.
- Carry out periodic reviews of contracts and source new suppliers/contractors to ensure best service/value for money.
- Provide finance with details of all purchases/quotes and keep an up to date log and assist when bill and invoices are received.
- Order office stationery within budget requirements as required & keep stationery cupboard in order and stocked – including monthly audits
- Be the first point of contact for any maintenance queries and to arrange the completion of repairs and maintenance within the office as required
- PA and General Admin Support
- To provide PA/administrative support to the MPs, The Client Partner, Digital Partner and Commercial Director. Including diary management, organising and managing travel and other ad hoc admin tasks
- Help organising Company Meetings
- Help with staff entertainment – annual Summer party, Away Days
- Assist the client account teams with preparation of ppts, documents and proof reading and other ad hoc admin tasks.
- To work with Commercial Director to manage new starter process picking up from when the offer has been made, this includes: meeting the new starter on day 1, tracking that all relevant documentation and legal paperwork is returned as requested, i.e. signed contract, references, personal details form, visas and copy of passport
- Manage New Starter set up and Inductions ensuring that IT is briefed, Induction Pack is ready and Induction organised and internal documents updated ie. organizational charts and telephone list
- To help administer people incentives and benefits
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent organisational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Well-presented and taking pride in appearance and quality of work.
- Client focused approach.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Flexible, reliable and punctual.
- Trustworthy and maintains confidentiality.
- Self- motivated with heaps of initiative and the ability to develop, implement and simply run with ideas and to always be thinking of ways to improve processes, efficiencies and quality.
- The ability to effectively work with people and build excellent relationships with the team.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and an inquisitive, confident personality and a good sense of humour are a must for anyone wanting to join the team.