Office Co ordinator - Law Firm, Birmingham City Centre up to £31k
Cycle to work scheme
Employee Benefit Platform
Private Medical Insurance
Life assurance (4 x salary)
24 days holiday (in addition to statutory UK holidays).
Working hours - 9.00am - 5.30pm
The Birmingham office comprises of 1 Senior HR Consultant and 3 Senior Associates.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Acting as gate-keeper for fee-earners where required. Taking detailed messages and dealing with queries where possible.
- Diary management including arranging confidential and non-confidential internal departmental meetings as well as internal and external client meetings.
- Coordinating travel and accommodation for fee-earners where required via Business Services Team.
- Coordination of the monthly billing process and drafting narratives and covering correspondence.
- Responsible for payment of relevant invoices, dealing with expenses and petty cash. Liaising with accounts to arrange payments of funds to clients and third parties as required.
- Making sure all electronic and hard copy filing is completed as required.
- Typing, formatting and processing documents and correspondence as and when required.
- General document production as required including printing, photocopying, binding and scanning.
- Meeting and greeting all clients on arrival to the office. Setting up meeting rooms and lunch/refreshments as required.
- Assisting in all aspects of IT/logistics. Liaising with the helpdesk to resolve issues and arranging on-site support when required.
- Stationery supplies - monitoring stationery and office supplies as required, ensuring all marketing materials are up to date and in good supply.
- Dealing with post as required.
- Supplementary Duties
- Assisting Marketing events preparing presentations, event preparations and to be on hand to meet and greet attendees.
- First port of call for workstation queries - handling issues re seating/lighting and comfort of all fee earners. Requesting work station assessments when required.
- Assisting with training at induction stages - settling in new members to team and general acclimatisation.
- Dealing with various office requirements including first aid and fire safety.
- Assisting with all internal and external audits as required.
In addition to the above, dealing with any ad hoc queries as reasonably requested.
Previous experience as an administrator, secretary or office coordinator is required for this role. A professional services background would be preferred.
Holder of a valid driver's license would be preferable to attend marketing events.
The candidate should be well-organised; possess excellent communication skills; be highly accurate in the quality of their work; technologically proficient and (although supervised) capable of working on their own and taking initiative.
The ability to work in harmony with others, and to contribute to a pleasant working environment for all concerned, will be important.
Skills and knowledge
- IT literate including Office 2010,
- High standard of numeracy and literacy
- Attention to detail
- Experience of working in a professional services environment is desirable
- Ability to hit the ground running
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritise workload
You will work closely as part of a team and will be supported by other team members both within the Birmingham office and across the Firm.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- office manager
- practise manager
- office co ordinatior