Great opportunity for a graduate holding a scientific degree (Life Science or Chemistry) with experience working in a target-based commercial role to move into scientific laboratory sales!
Full training is provided and a great opportunity to join a global company.
PRODUCTS: Laboratory reagents, consumables and equipment
CUSTOMERS: Government, Healthcare & Education accounts.
ROLE: 85% of lead and sales generation performed via the telephone, working as part of the office-based team in Leicester and 15% of your sales will be expected via face to face customer interaction.
- Adopt a consultative sales approach to generate and grow business in accounts across this region.
- Work with management to ensure that you have an accurate territory plan and strategy in place to achieve revenue targets.
- Achieve call productivity KPI targets.
- Develop and grow excellent market knowledge of the company, positioning in the market and offer solution-based approaches to customers. Use this knowledge to effectively level the strengths of the company when dealing with customers and other stakeholders to drive sales.
- Work with part of the larger field-based sales team who visit the sales customers via weekly communication to ensure transparency and stop duplication of activity.
- Build and maintain an effective internal network of connections with the organisation to drive sales effectively via - communicating with the customer service team, pricing team and financial teams.
- Ensure that the company database CRM system is up to date and accurate, including weekly reporting tasks. Provide written and verbal feedback on customer and competitor activity too.
- Effectively interpret historical and current sales data to assess performance of the territory and use the data to effectively drive sales and margin growth.
- Organise and participate in local customer seminars and exhibitions.
- Attend European sales training events, meetings and conferences as required.
Degree qualification in a Scientific or Technical subject
Experience of utilising and manipulating data in Excel is preferred
Experience working in a fast paced and target driven environment and demonstrating a commercial awareness.
Self-motivated individual and excellent communicator.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong telephone manner when discussing scientific or technical topics.
- Customer Service