Adecco are recruiting for an Office Assistant to work for a university based in London.
You will provide a high and comprehensive level of administrative support to the staff and students of the Department of Statistics, this role oversees the day-to-day operations of the Department's administration. The post holder will report to the Department's Research and Finance Manager while also working closely with other members of the professional services team. Main duties include processing and recording expense claims, supporting the PhD programme and departmental careers and alumni activities, responsibility for departmental seminar series, supporting KEI activities and REF submission, assisting with the organisation and delivery of student events and activities, and supporting a range of events and seminars online and on campus.
Contract Type: This is a 2-3 month temporary post paying £14.79 per hour.
Location: Holborn. Hybrid working, 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
- To support the Programme and Department Managers with the Staff Student Liaison Committees (SSLCs), and ad hoc working groups by preparing agenda items, circulating papers and following up on agreed action points.
- To support the Research and Finance Manager in a range of finance related tasks, including but not limited to: processing expense claims; administering staff research funds, research grants and other departmental budgets; assisting with the annual check of accounts and flagging up unexpected expenditure.
- To have overall responsibility for scheduling and advertising faculty and class teacher office hours and for allocating and maintaining class teacher homework boxes.
- To have overall responsibility for the departmental term time seminar series including: booking speakers; arranging hotel accommodation; reimbursing travel receipts; ordering catering and seminar room set up.
- To take responsibility for the administrative arrangements for academic visitors to the Department by booking accommodation and assigning office space where appropriate.
- To undertake office management tasks for the Department's staff and students, including: maintenance of communal office areas, ordering stationery and office consumables; distributing post; estates matters; allocation and renewal of keys; updating departmental notice boards and photo boards;
- To manage the PhD offices, study spaces and common areas, ensuring that they are well maintained and kept, and reporting issues to the appropriate teams in the School.
- To oversee the allocation of IT equipment to staff and students, reporting problems to the IT Service Desk when necessary, and advising the Departmental Manager and Research and Finance Manager of requests for new purchases.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'