Office Assistant (£16-18K)
- Are you looking for a varied and interesting role?
- Are you happy to turn your hand to anything?
- Are you keen and excited to learn?
- Are you organised and efficient?
- Do you strive for customer service excellence?
This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to start a career in Office Administration, within a small but established company based in Northampton.
The role will be very varied and whilst it includes some administration you will also be supporting other departments with general tasks as and when required.
Tasks will include:
- Office admin - answering phones, seeing in shipments, post, cheques & banking, ordering stationery, keeping office and stock room tidy.
- Sales - processing web orders, picking and packing orders, keeping the customer and suppliers databases up-to-date
- Printing bureau - printing, proofing and packing ID cards and ensuring the smooth running of the bureau
- Maintaining printer rentals - ensuring all printers are stored correctly, arranging shipping and collection, following quarantine procedures, maintaining database
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate will need to have a great work ethic and a drive to learn and succeed.
You will need to have:
- Excellent English language skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- The ability to work autonomously under your own initiative
- A willingness to learn
- Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is essential
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm.
- Customer Service
- Office Administration
- Work Ethic