Oxford and Home Based
£22,000 - £25,000 (depending on qualifications and experience)
INASP is an international development organisation working with a global network of partners to improve access, production and use of research information and knowledge in developing countries.
We are a UK registered charity, established in 1992 and funded by a range of government and institutional donors. We have 24 staff based in our Oxford and London offices.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and efficient Office Administrator with experience of HR processes and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will keep our busy office running efficiently and ensure that staff are best equipped to perform their roles.
The Office Administrator is the lynchpin of our small international organisation.
Reporting to the Financial Director, the Office Administrator will be responsible for providing proactive and efficient administrative support across a range of admin functions including travel and travel security, IT, HR, office administration and supplies, and health and safety. Establishing and managing relationships, both internally and externally, is a key element of this job.
- Support the Travel Management Team to provide safe and efficient international travel for INASP staff
- Be the main contact point with our external IT systems provider, Mirrorsphere, to ensure INASP staff have access and support to efficient and appropriate IT systems
- Support the Finance Director and HR Adviser to establish and maintain effective HR policies and procedures, maintain HR records on BreatheHR, support recruitment processes and arrange inductions for new staff
- Provide overall office administration services in a proactive, efficient and effective manner to ensure that staff have the appropriate equipment and tools to perform their roles effectively
- Ensure all health and safety legislation and procedures are in place and up to date and monitor both remote and internal working practices and identify any support required by staff
- Provide support to the Finance Team in coding invoices/payment vouchers and inputting them into the financial system, along with handling foreign expenses cash claims from traveling staff
- Organise, help contributors, and ensure staff meetings are well documented
- Provide direct support to the ED and senior management team where required
We are looking for candidates with:
- A CIPD level 3 or 5 qualification, or the willingness to undertake HR professional development sponsored by INASP
- Thorough knowledge of general office administration processes and HR practices and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate with a high level of accuracy
- A methodical, thorough approach with strong attention to detail and good organisational and time management skills
- Experience of working in an office support position with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Adaptability to work across a range of tasks and prioritise effectively and the willingness to learn new skills and take on new challenges
- A helpful, friendly and supportive manner in person and on the phone / online
Other organisations may call this role Office Co-ordinator, Admin Assistant, Administrative Assistant, HR Administrator, Human Resources Administrator, Office Assistant, or Administrator.
This vacancy will be held open until it is filled, so candidates are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Candidates selected for interview will be notified and sent interview details including advance preparation requirements, within two weeks. Due to the current situation, interviews may take place via Skype/Zoom/Teams.
INASP is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment, respecting diversity and avoiding unlawful discrimination at recruitment and during employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their race, gender identity, biological sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Applications from people with disabilities, or those with health problems, are welcome and will be given full consideration.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Office Administrator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'