Somek and Associates Limited (S&A) main function is to provide expert witnesses and professional reports for medico-legal purposes.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who is looking to join a market leading company with potential for career development.
Our Mission is:
• To ensure courts have the best expert evidence with which to deal with cases justly
• To ensure lawyers litigating cases (and other case workers instructing us) have supreme confidence in their decisions based on our quality expert input
• To ensure our expert input is seen as value for money
The Office Administrator is required primarily to manage a range of administrative duties related to the medico-legal function of the business. The key task of the role will be to deal with all communications and confidential evidence relating to clinical negligence and personal injury cases, and liaise as appropriate with internal S&A teams, externally based S&A expert witnesses, and clients (solicitors).
The Office Administrator will need to be articulate, and able to provide a proven history of: excellent communication skills at a senior level; working as part of a small team whilst being able to self-direct; working under pressure; delivering tasks to strict deadlines. The post holder will have a high level of computer literacy.
• Managing communications with clients (typically solicitors) and expert witness health professionals throughout the duration of a case, from initial enquiry through to settlement or trial.
• Liaising with instructing solicitors regarding initial and supplemental reports, including clarifying instructions and negotiating appropriate deadlines.
• Overseeing the arrangement of all expert events required by the court (assessments, provision of joint statements, case conferences, trials etc) and following up on these to ensure that any related work is submitted in accordance with court directions orders.
• Handling confidential information and evidence.
• Providing experts with diary and workload management.
The post holder should be able to demonstrate a proven history of applied use of the following skills essential to the role:
• excellent organisational skills
• excellent verbal and written communication skills
• good reading skills (fast but thorough, accurate; good concentration)
• excellent computer literacy
• excellent telephone manner
• be able to use own initiative and display a courteous and professional manner at all times
• able to work under pressure
• able to work well as part of small team
• general administrative skills
In-house training will be provided on all job roles as required, including S&A software.
The nature of the work of S&A is highly confidential and the post holder will be expected to maintain full confidence.
- Communication Skills
- Computer Literate
- Diary Management
- Organisational Skills