A small, long established firm of accountants are looking for a friendly, meticulous and well organised individual to join our team, adding value and contributing to the success and growth of the business.
Specific qualifications are not essential for this role, but must be able to carry out duties in a professional setting with the skills listed below, especially with PC proficiency and accuracy, as the successful candidate would potentially need to implement and maintain a Practice Management Software with guidance and assistance from the Employer.
It is important to note that this is suitable for an individual looking for a permanent stable role, not for those who are looking for promotion within the organisation. Salary will be reviewed on a periodical basis.
Serves callers and visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of visitor arrival; scheduling appointments; prepare refreshments for visitors and senior staff; maintaining reception room appearance. Maintaining office operations by receiving and distributing communications; maintaining supplies; managing, maintaining and updating firm records and data systems; carrying out ad-hoc duties.
* Greets and directs callers by answering telephone calls from customers; determining nature of business and directing callers to appropriate destination.
* Welcomes visitors to the office by greeting them and offering refreshments
* Completes special assignments by organizing documents; creating, managing and maintaining databases;
* Maintains continuity within diverse office environment by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Accomplishes corporate office and organisation mission by completing related results as needed.
* Obtains revenue by issuing invoices and chase clients for outstanding fees
* Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies
* Updates appointment and location schedules by inputting data
* Supports accountants by following-up on "no show" appointments; preparing files for new clients.
* Forwards information by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information.
* Maintains employer's calendar by setting, monitoring, and confirming appointments; reminding employer of schedules;
* Protects employer's time by screening, researching, and managing correspondence, messages, telephone calls, and visitors; preventing interruptions; resolving issues.
* Anticipates assistance needed by identifying problems, needs, options, and solutions before being asked.
Telephone Skills, Verbal Communication, PC Proficiency, Microsoft Office Skills (especially Outlook, Word & Excel), Attention to Detail, Professionalism, Multi-tasking, Organisation, Quality Focus, Informing Others, Confidentiality, Handles Pressure, Written Communication, Dependability, Administrative Writing Skills, Process Improvement, Problem Solving, Analysing Information, Decision Making.
- Communication Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Office Skills
- Accurate Data Entry