The Office Administration Assistant Apprentice is required to effectively support the Daisy Wholesale Eastleigh office to a high standard, assisting with the day to day tasks to ensure that the office can function effectively. This role is critical to the smooth running of the various departments and the Directors. The desired individual will be extremely organised, self-motivated and have the ability to prioritise tasks.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Daisy Wholesale Apprentice Programme. This is an exciting opportunity for you to be part of a very successful and ambitious team.
Salary: £15,000 to £18,000
Hours: Monday to Friday- 8.30am - 5.30pm
- Manage day to day tasks to ensure smooth running of the Eastleigh office.
- Proactively engage with internal colleagues where required.
- Undertake day to day administrative tasks as defined by line manager and Directors.
- Receive and check post and parcel.
- Report any maintenance issues relating to the public area to the Landlord.
- Report and resolve any Health & Safety issues raised by staff.
- Book meeting rooms.
- Produce agendas and meeting minutes on behalf of the Directors.
- Check stationery, ordering and manage deliveries.
- Liaise with other internal departments and engage with key stakeholders across the business.
- Contact third party suppliers to establish updates.
- Ensure monthly fire risk assessment report is completed.
- Ensure the Eastleigh office licenses are renewed at the correct time.
- Act as the site safety coordinator and ensure that the premises is checked regularly.
- Arrange annual PAT testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent organisation skills along with good time management
- High level accuracy with attention to detail
- Articulate, personable and a good communicator/team player
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise workloads
As part of the programme, you will receive:
- A programme sponsor - responsible for the successful delivery of the programme, tracing progress and providing support throughout the programme
- A dedicated mentor - a member of the extended senior leadership team, providing knowledge and direction to help you to achieve your goals and objectives
- A minimum of 20% of the working week aligned to training and development
- Apprentices will learn:
o Use of multiple IT packages and systems
o How to make recommendations for improvements and present solutions to management
o How to maintain records and files
o How to handle confidential information in compliance with business procedures
o How to influence and challenge appropriately
- External training provider support - ensuring programme quality and carrying out work-based assessments
- Achieve a Level 3 qualification
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Additional day’s holiday for every year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye care Vouchers
- Discounted Medicash Membership
- Monthly reward scheme
- Daisy Deals - Everyone who works at Daisy has the option to take advantage of discounts and savings at over 1,200 retailers.
- Discounts on a range of Daisy products
Why work for Daisy?
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success.
Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
- Health Safety
- Office Administration
- Risk Assessments
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job