Do you love working with people from all ages and backgrounds? Can you engage with people quickly and share your passion for our cause? We need enthusiastic, sales focussed, friendly people to be part of our off-site engagement team. As an Off-Site Engagement Officer, you’ll be an ambassador for everything we do at the National Trust, and you’ll share your excellent knowledge with members of the public, in a way that introduces us to new audiences, and engages with people who may not be aware of us and the benefits of being a member.What it's like to work here
Godolphin is rich in archaeology and wildlife. The garden was created in the 16th century and one of the most important historic gardens in Europe. Godolphin House was one of the most fashionable houses in Cornwall in the 17th century.What you'll be doing
As the largest conservation charity in Europe we work hard to raise funds, so that we can continue to care for all the heritage in our care. Members and visitors are a significant part of what we do, and engaging with new audiences will help us achieve our targets to grow our membership each year.
Working alone, in community locations, such as farmers’ markets, town centres and country shows, you’ll be asked to confidently sell membership, talk to people about our thriving holiday cottage business, as well as volunteering opportunities and local events happening all year round. You’ll also be responsible for answering queries, talking about the amazing work we are doing, promoting local projects and our national strategy.
Please note, for this role you'll need to get to our off-site locations, so you’ll need a full valid UK driving licence.
Please also read the full role profile attached to this advert.Who we're looking for
This job is all about providing a service and selling the benefits of the National Trust. To be fantastic in this role you’ll need:
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work to sales targets, and confidently sell our membership benefits
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
- Confidence in your own ability to manage your time, and able to use your initiative
- A willingness to learn new skills, and a can do attitude
- Some cash handling experience
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'