OCR (Optical Character Recognition) Executive in Accounts Payable
Key duties and responsibilities of the OCR Executive
- To manage the initial process of all supplier invoices received in the Finance Department.
- To ensure that invoices are verified into the correct legal entity.
- Processing invoices to a strict schedule and in accordance with contractual arrangements.
- Ensuring approvals and processes are within policy guidelines and to business standards.
- Handling and resolving all related queries.
- Working as part of a team that manages all the incoming documents received.
- Ensuring all documents are processed correctly, by the relevant Executives and teams.
- Managing the business Purchase Order requirements.
- Understanding the matrix and approval process.
- To deliver a best-in-class service.
- Supporting and fully support the team in their day to day duties and activities.
- Ensure the smooth running of the Readsoftworkflows.
- Management of all invoice and statement uploads.
- Dealing with internal and external queries, swiftly resolving escalations.
- Promote exceptional working relationships with customers by dealing with queries in a prompt, efficient and professional manner.
- Undertake other ad-hoc activities as deemed necessary.
Essential skills and experience the OCR Executive must have:
- Experience working in a busy Accounts Payable team with high volume transaction processing.
- Experience in OCR (Optical Character Recognition) is essential.
- A good knowledge of scanning and workflow systems is essential.
- Efficient processing skills (essential in this busy team).
- Experience in both overhead and overseas supplier invoicing is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good attention to detail and experience in managing supplier issues and queries.
- Able to build and maintain exceptional working relationships at all levels.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good influencing skills.
- Able to step up and run the department and cover the Team Leader.
- Experience in Readsoft would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Dynamics (AX) would be an advantage.
Benefits the OCR Executive will receive:
- 25 days holiday a year (pro-rated)
- A competitive salary.
- Various employee discounts and offers.
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme.
- Contributory Pension scheme.
- Career progression opportunities.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, and would like to work for a driven and focused employer, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications Lloyd Recruitment Services receive, we are only able to contact short-listed candidates
- Accounts Payable
- Processing Invoices
- Purchase Ledger