OCEAN FREIGHT IMPORT OPERATOR - FREIGHT FORWARDING
£20,000 to £23,000 + Benefits
Birmingham based location
We are early seeking to recruit an OCEAN FREIGHT IMPORT OPERATOR to join a busy freight forwarding operation based in Birmingham.
The role will require handling Import Ocean Freight shipments from start to finish;
- Liaising with customers and Key Accounts,
- Negotiating shipping costs & making bookings,
- Checking and processing Import documentation
- Preparing Customs Clearances instruction to be passed to the Brokerage dept
- Arranging delivery of freight to final destination
- Raising the final invoice to maximise profitability.
The successful candidate will be required to have gained experience of working within the Freight Forwarding industry within an Oceanfreight Import capacity. Have a strong understanding of Freight Forwarding & International Shipping and be an effective communicator at all levels and have the ability to work to deadlines and in a pressured environment.
** A full 5 year work history check and Criminal record check will be carried out on the successful candidate in line with CAA regulations **
- Import Export
- International Shipping
- Freight Forwarding
- Ocean Freight
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job