Our client is now looking for an Ocean Import Operator to join their Ocean Import team. Their working hours Monday to Friday.
The purpose of the role is to manage and oversee the import process from start to finish via the in house system
Duties will include:
- Put the booking on the in house system and open a file.
- Liaise with shipping line and send notice of arrival and invoices to UK clients prior to shipments arriving
- Track shipments and communicate progress to clients
- Arrange to release cargo and liaise with UK warehouses and clearing agents to devan cargo after vessel arrival
- Ensure everything is documented on the file and includes any relevant documentation, cost estimates, purchase invoices etc.
- Ensure all operational issues are dealt with promptly and effectively making sure that everything is documented on the file and address any issues with management.
- Make sure invoices are correct and paid and deal with any queries relating to them maximising profits.
You will need to have experience of working within ocean imports for a minimum of one year and be able to work in a fast pace working environment with good IT skills. Customer service skills is also an important part of the role and the ability to work in a team.
Salary £20/25k depending on experience.
- Import Export
- Ocean Freight
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'