A Multi-National Global Logistics Provider offering a number of specialist logistics solutions via air, sea and road is recruiting for an Ocean Import Co-ordinator to be based at offices in Altrincham, Manchester.
- An opportunity to join a forward thinking, Multi National organisation
- Competitive salary & benefits package
Main Purpose of the Role;
Reporting to and working with the Freight Forwarding Operations Manager the Ocean Import Coordinator will be responsible for hanlding the ocean freight forwarding import process from start to finish.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Manage all aspects of the ocean import freight forwarding process, including customs entries
- Obtain and communicate, internally and externally, all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met
- Liaise between suppliers, freight forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information
- Ensure customers are fully informed of the progress of their shipments
- Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met
- Ensure correct shipping documentation is on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management
- Cover the export operations when required
To Be Considered;
- Proven experience with handling ocean import freight forwarding operations
- Excellent customer service skills
For more details, please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry.
- Carriage of Goods by Sea
- International Logistics
- Freight Forwarding
- Ocean Freight
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'