A Multi-National Global Logistics Provider offering a number of specialist import and export freight forwarding services via air, sea and road is recruiting for an Ocean Import Co-ordinator to be based at offices in Manchester.
Reporting to the Operations Manager the Ocean Import Coordinator will work closely with customers, clients and agents.
Main Purpose of the Role;
The Ocean Import Coordinator is responsible for handling the import process from start to finish.
Duties & Responsibilities;
• Manage all aspects of the import process, including customs entries
• Obtain and communicate, internally and externally, all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met
• Liaise between suppliers, forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information
• Ensure customers are fully informed of the progress of their shipments
• Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met
• Ensure correct documentation is on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions
• Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management
• Cover the export operations when required
To Be Considered
Proven experience handling ocean imports from start to finish
Experience submitting customs entries
Salary up to £27K for the right candidate
For full details, please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry.
- Customer Service
- Freight Forwarding
- Ocean Freight
- Customs Brokerage
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job