Ocean Import Administrator
Up to £28,000 per annum dependent upon experience
Adecco have a fantastic opportunity for an ocean import operator/ administrator to work for our well-established client who specialises in high quality service across the transport and logistics sector. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to advance their skillset.
The successful candidate will be responsible for liaising between customers, suppliers and transport companies to ensure efficient deliveries. This will focus on handling ocean import forwarding operations efficiently from start to finish.
- Managing all aspects of the Ocean freight import or export process
- Obtaining and communicating (both internally and externally) all necessary information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met
- Liaising between suppliers, forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information
- Ensuring customers are fully informed of the progress of their shipments
- Providing transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met
- Ensuring correct documentation is on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions
- Maintaining all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management
- Covering the export operations when required
- Forwarding or relevant trade qualification
- IT Literate & Numerate
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Dangerous Goods (Air & Ocean)
If the above role is of interest, please apply directly or for further questions please call the Adecco team
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.
- supply chain
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'