I am actively looking to speak to candidates who have a passion for the world of ocean freight and are looking for the next opportunity in their career. You will have the chance to join a growing business and expand your own skills alongside their current model.
My client is a market-leading logistics business with its Headquarters in North-America. Through a variety of mergers and acquisitions they are currently vastly enhancing their market share upon the European Continent. With a business of my clients size and scale, there are naturally a variety of opportunities for the successful candidate to progress into.
As an Ocean Freight Forwarder you will report into the Operations Manager on a daily basis and cover a variety of different responsibilities (listed below):
- To organise and plan daily operation loading duties for an individual assigned accounts. This will include liaising with customer's, suppliers, lines and overseas offices and partners.
- Manage customer rate reviews to ensure margins are both maintained and developed where possible
- To have sound knowledge of all aspects of Exports from point of origin to destination
- To know and understand, Customs and Excise procedures, regulations and have full knowledge of all INCO terms as appropriate to Exports.
- To have current knowledge and understanding of AMS/ISF requirements.
- To have sound knowledge of SOLAS requirements.
- To create a close relationship with Customers and Suppliers.
- To be commercially aware of the cost of the service and ensure profit margins are met.
- Liaise by telephone/email with shipping lines/customers, internal departments (Ocean & Air Gateways) and Suppliers.
- To understand billing and costing procedures and answer invoice queries.
The successful candidate will be well versed across the world of Ocean Freight Forwarding, ideally in an Export arena. You will also have the following skills and attributes:
- Desirably degree educated - BA / BSc / BEng (Hons).
- Dangerous goods certified would be an added extra.
- A background in a variety of freight modes (most typically air).
- A strong ability to work in a calm manner whilst under pressure.
- A good telephone manner, as you will be liaising with customers directly.
- A ability to conduct all operational aspects of freight forwarding - i.e Ocean Bill's of Lading, Invoicing, etc.
- Experience in ocean transportation to the Americas and Far East would be beneficial.
- The ability to commute to the Derby area.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'