Our client, an established Global Logistics Provider offering import & export logistics solutions via air, sea and road, is recruiting for an Ocean Freight Co-ordinator for it's busy office based near London Heathrow.
- An opportunity to join a globally recognised organisation in a supportive and dynamic team environment
- Competitive salary plus excellent benefits package
Deliver high quality transportation solutions for customers through the effective communication with both customers and suppliers to ensure the customers’ needs are satisfied in relation to quality, cost and delivery. Responsible for day to day control and planning within the central operations Ocean Freight Forwarding Team. Reporting to Air & Ocean Freight Manager
- Operational day to day control of Multiple customer's
- Ensuring transport activities are operated in accordance with internal and customer service requirements
- Adherence of freight forwarding operational margins for modal transport
- Maximisation of container fill for consolidations
- On-time delivery of cargo in line with customer service requirements
- Pricing for spot business as per customer requirements
- Demonstrate an ability to reduce transport cost and improve margins
- Problem solving and corrective actions as appropriate
- Customer service ownership existing customer base
- Work within company standards.
- Formulate cost saving initiatives from freight and consolidation activity, based on supplier/customer agreement
- Ensure that financial job costing, invoicing and reporting for freight is carried out in accordance with company standards
- Good knowledge of customs procedures and regimes
Qualification and Skills Required;
- Proven experience of handling Ocean freight forwarding operations within a freight forwarding company
- Experience of Ocean freight trade-lanes and markets (Americas/APAC/Europe)
- Operational experience of Ocean planning processes
- Good knowledge of Marine Transport regulations
- Good inter-personal skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and logical thinking
- Good analytical and numerical skills
For full details, please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Specialist for the Shipping & Logistics industry.
- Carriage of Goods by Sea
- Import Export
- International Logistics
- Freight Forwarding
- Ocean Freight
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'