Ocean Export Operator
£25,000 - £27,000
A leading freight transport company are looking for an OCEAN EXPORT OPERATOR based in their offices near STANSTEAD.
The client specialises in FCL ocean freight and operates into the African, Middle East and European markets.
You will be assisting with day to day management of departmental Export FCL bookings including documentation, customs entries, releases & deliveries and invoicing.
1. Liaise with customers and other departments during the booking process ensuring all bookings are handled in accordance with agreed procedures and payment terms.
2. Assist with placing of bookings with respective shipping line / carrier / agent.
3. Liaise with customers to ensure correct documentation is received for shipment and forwarded to the shipping lines as necessary.
4. Ensure shipping lines have instruction for bills of lading and UCR references in a timely manner.
5. Ensure customer has received copy of draft bill of lading for approval and send approval to shipping line.
6. Allocation of incoming payments.
7. Ensure the booking has been invoiced correctly by shipping line as per contract rates or other spot rates as appropriate.
8. Work closely with other departments such as Traffic and Accounts to ensure that invoices have been paid before bills of lading are dispatched.
9. Import operations (obtaining charges from line, sending endorsed bills and cheques to shipping line, container release requests, liaising with customer and all other areas not listed).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job