Ocean Export Coordinator
Our client offers specialist services within the shipping and logistics sector and they are now seeking an Ocean Export Coordinator to join their team.
- Assisting with day to day management of departmental Export FCL bookings including documentation, customs entries, releases & deliveries and invoicing.
- Interaction with customers, team members and all internal departments including Sales, Operations & Finance.
- Liaise with customers and other departments during the booking process ensuring all bookings are handled in accordance with agreed procedures and payment terms.
- Assist with placing of bookings with respective shipping line / carrier / agent.
- Liaise with customers to ensure correct documentation is received for shipment and forwarded to the shipping lines as necessary.
- Ensure shipping lines have instruction for bills of lading and UCR references in a timely manner.
- Ensure customer has received copy of draft bill of lading for approval and send approval to shipping line.
- Allocation of incoming payments.
- Ensure the booking has been invoiced correctly by shipping line as per contract rates or other spot rates as appropriate.
- Work closely with other departments such as Traffic and Accounts to ensure that invoices have been paid before bills of lading are dispatched.
- Import operations (obtaining charges from line, sending endorsed bills and cheques to shipping line, container release requests, liaising with customer and all other areas not listed).
- Experience gained with a Freight forwarding / Logistics organisation dealing with multimodal Export shipments.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Customs clearance.
- Professional & friendly manner with customers and other staff members.
- Competent with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
- Commercial Awareness