Seven Social Care is looking for a qualified Occupational Therapist to fill an exclusive opportunity specialising in the wellbeing of Older People with Physical Disability in Milton Keynes.
To work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team in order to identify and respond to the social care needs of residents, enabling them to live as independently as possible within their communities by providing suitable occupational therapy services. The role involves visiting eligible individuals in their homes to assess their current level of functional ability and to make recommendations to maintain/improve independence and quality of life. Interventions will include advice, the provision of assistive equipment and/or the provision of adaptations to the home. The role will also involve making sure that support plans are developed and implemented that ensures the residents safety, well-being and independence in order to lead a fulfilled life.
- To undertake the Council's duties in relationship to the Care Act and other legislation which places responsibility on Milton Keynes Adult Social Care.
- Assess and evaluate physical, psychological and environmental factors which reduce a person's ability to participate in everyday living activities. OT/Care Act Assessments carried out effectively, and within timescales so that support needs are clearly identified and recorded to deliver person centred rehabilitation and individualised goals.
- Enable individuals to maximise their potential in order to achieve a more meaningful lifestyle by means of adaptive techniques, reablement, assistive technology, home adaptations etc.
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams within a case management framework to identify appropriate interventions or services to meet assessed needs. Liaise with other statutory, private and third sector services.
- To monitor and review support plans to ensure that they continue to be both effective and person centered. Encourage the participation of patient's families and carers in decision making and planning mutually agreed objectives.
- Assess, demonstrate, evaluate and monitor use of specialist equipment for service users with more complex needs.
- Assess and monitor progress for home adaptations and liaise with appropriate housing agencies when required.
- To provide a service that flexibly meets the needs of service users within budgetary constraints.
- To ensure information contained in the client record systems is accurate and timely and any documentations are in accordance with the standards required.
- To provide professional input into service developmental strategies as appropriate and contribute towards the development and promotion of new services within Adult Social Care. To also be able to represent and make decisions with management guidance on behalf of the Authority.
- Qualifications: OT Degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Experience: 6 months + working with children as a qualified Occupational Therapist in the UK.
- Compliance: Up to date HCPC registration and DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
- Hours: 37.5 hours p/w.
Working with Seven Social Care:
We have been helping social care professionals find exciting new roles for almost a decade, so we know exactly where to look when it comes to sourcing the best opportunities. We operate across the UK, and, with over 300 five-star reviews, multiple awards and amazing relationships with the biggest employers in UK social care, we give you the best chance of landing your next role.
We have a reputation for recruiting at lightning speed, however, we can only respond to candidates who meet the exact requirements of the position. If you have any queries about a role or application, please visit our website where our amazing candidate support team will be more than happy to help.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'