Occupational Therapist, Mental Health Rehabilitation - Willows, Gorefield, CareTech
£24,960 per annum
Are you dedicated, driven and keen to expand your Occupational Therapy Career?
Care Tech has an exciting new opportunity for a passionate and driven Occupational Therapist; we are opening a new Rehabilitationmodel and Recovery service in March 2020, which is situated in Wisbech near Peterborough where our multidisciplinary team offer high quality recovery focused care to adults with a range of mental health needs.
- Recovery can be a reality for everyone with Mental Health problems.
- Focus on individual need, not diagnosis.
- Risks should be understood but managed positively
- Service users have a right to live in a decent, safe, caring environment with support to engage in and with their local community
- Pathways to more independent living should be an integral part of support planning.
This is a rewarding role with excellent career opportunities.
If you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
Our service operates 24 hours a day; 7 days a week all year round, therefore we are looking for people who are flexible to cover shifts throughout the week at varying times of the day.
To support the Registered Hospital Manager to deliver a high quality person centred recovery approach in line with CareTech Community Services Personalisation Strategy and Uplands Independent Hospital Service Improvement Plan. To be responsible for organising and co-ordinating the delivery of an activities programme to meet service user identified needs and to promote independence and develop life skills.
Key Role and Responsibilities
To ensure service users are provided with treatment and rehabilitation programmes based on individual assessment of need
- To develop and maintain a client-centred treatment approach sensitive to the personal and cultural needs of individual service users
- To manage a defined caseload and carry out assessments, identify treatment aims, implement and evaluate treatment programmes, and develop safe and timely discharge plans
- To work in conjunction with other professionals in the multi-disciplinary team in order to provide a collaborative approach to service user care
- To contribute to multi-disciplinary risk assessments and the safe management of service user
- To assist with developing opportunities for service users to engage in education and work projects
- To assist the multi-disciplinary team in ensuring that OT care pathways for service users are met in safe and timely manner
- To support and collaborate with service users in care planning within the framework of the Care Planning Approach
- To keep comprehensive, up to date written notes and provide evidence-based reports to the multi-disciplinary team and external partners as required
- To attend all relevant clinical meetings, report on service user progress and liaise with other professionals in relation to treatment provision
- To liaise with appropriate voluntary and statutory agencies concerned with care, resettlement and rehabilitation of the service users
- To actively participate in clinical audit, programme review and the implementation and analysis of outcome measures
- To lead in organising social, recreational and occupational activities within the hospital, considering individual residents’ particular interests and therapeutic needs
- In consultation with clinical staff develop a dynamic activities programme that recognises a range of social, recreational and therapeutic needs of our residents
- To review with care staff the appropriateness and effectiveness of the activities programme weekly and amend as necessary
- To organise the service user weekly meeting, facilitate their participation in discussing all aspects of their living as part of the Uplands community, maintain minutes of the meeting and provide feedback of this to the Registered Hospital Manager and relevant meetings e.g. staff meetings, quality and governance meetings
- To ensure the provision of facilities for service users with special needs (news tapes, book tapes, large-letter books and Braille, as required)
- To liaise with the clinical staff to ensure that activities are documented on appropriate care plans and in care plan records. Regular feedback of activity and observation should be to the Key Nurse or nurse in charge to report any changes or notable events
We offer competitive rates of pay, along with an impressive benefits package including an employee assistance helpline, flexible additional holiday purchase scheme, stakeholder pension scheme and much more!
Due to the nature of the role, we will pay for you to complete an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, prior to starting with us.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.
- Occupational Health
- Occupational Therapists
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'