£40,000 to £50,000 per annum
Peritus Healthcare are seeking to recruit an Occupational Therapist in Derby. The site has three units in total. One specialist mental health unit for male patients and another specialist mental health unit for female patients.
The third unit caters more for the elderly however the OT will be focusing predominantly on the two mental health units.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ OT experience within a mental health setting. You will be practically-minded and use your knowledge and skills to engage with service users.
The OT will collaborate with the team and key stakeholders to promote peoples’ occupational performance and enhance their ability to fulfil meaningful life roles.
- To work as lead of the Occupational Therapy Department, developing and providing an efficient and effective Occupational Therapy Service.
- To be responsible for a clinical caseload, assessing and treating patients.
- To liaise effectively with Multidisciplinary team colleagues.
- To keep up to date with new treatment methods and be actively involved in research projects relating to specialist area.
- To be responsible for the day to day running, of the Occupational Therapy Service.
- To ensure Risk Management and Safety Procedures are in place for OT department and adhere to.
- To be responsible for department training and contribute to training and
- development of all staff
- To manage and supervise Junior members of the team, including appraisals.
- Adopt a professional approach to Client care at all times
Qualifications and Experience:
- Postgraduate degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Experience in a Mental Health setting
- Registered with HCPC
- Experience in supervising junior OTs.