Location: Doucecroft School
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications
Hours: negotiable, term time only
Job ref: D159
This is an exciting opportunity for a experienced and motivated Occupational therapist to join our friendly team at Doucecroft School in Colchester.
Autism Anglia’s Doucecroft School provides education and care for children and young people with autistic spectrum conditions and associated additional complex needs. The school currently supports 50 students from 7-19 years old, in small classes to focus on their individual needs.
Your main duties will include:
- Assessment and treatment of students including sensory processing assessments, using both standardised and non standardised assessments.
- Providing O.T programmes and carrying out direct therapy both individually and in groups.
- Utilising and developing assessment and treatment skills in Sensory Integration.
We are wishing to appoint an Occupational therapist to work in our school and residential services who has:
- A recognised qualification in Occupational Therapy and registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC). (E)
- Membership of the British Association of Occupational Therapists.(E)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant post-qualification experience.(E)
- Post graduate training in Sensory Integration Level 1 (E) (Module 2/3 is desirable).
- Experience of working with people with autism/severe learning disabilities (E)
- The ability to provide high quality professional advice and detailed reports of a high standard (E)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to teamwork (E)
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established charity. Autism Anglia provides ongoing training and supervision, continuing professional development and support as well as an extensive induction on commencement of employment.
Autism Anglia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
It is desirable that the successful applicant holds a full driving licence.
Closing date for applications 25 March 2018
If no response is received within 3 weeks of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful. You are welcome to apply again for other positions.
- Ability to relate to people with autism
- Sound knowledge of autism and learning disabilities
- Experience with severe learning disabilities and/or autism
- Experience working in both residential and educational setting