£26,000 p/a+Pension and Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance and more
Mental Health & Learning Disabilities
Compass Associates are proud to be working on behalf of a leading mental health provider to recruit for an Occupational Therapist within their mental health & learning disability hospital.
The job purpose is to provide Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment to enable service users to achieve their maximum levels of functional independence and to enhance their sense of wellbeing through engagement in occupation.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Occupational Therapist. The candidate is required to have previous Occupational Therapy experience with exposure to some challenging behaviour and managing personal stress within learning disabilities or/and mental health.
Diploma or Degree (Hons) in Occupational Therapy
Experience within learning disabilities and/or mental health
- Provide occupational therapy assessment and treatment
- Implement a Recovery based approach.
- To have a working knowledge of a range of assessment tools
- Devise and deliver a review of treatment plans and interventions.
- Assess and provide environmental adaptations to facilitate daily living.
- Working with the MDT/TDT devise treatment plans, contribute to ICRs and External CPAs, including writing reports as needed.
- Adhere to HCPC and COT Practice Guidelines.
- Provide initial and continuing occupational therapy assessments, in accordance with CPA guidelines and service user care plans.
- Liaise closely with other members of the clinical team, demonstrating a commitment to effective team work.
- Ensure written and electronic record and activity data are maintained.
- To ensure effective communication is maintained with all service users, care and any staff involved in the service users' care.
- Contribute and attend ICR's, CPA and PathNav meetings.
This is a full time, substantive post, working Monday - Friday. The salary is paying £26,000 p/a depending upon experience.
You will also be entitled to company benefits, which include; Pension, Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance and more.
Compass Associates (part of Compass Holding Group) are HealthInvestor's Recruiter of the Year 2017.