At CAS Behavioural Health you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We are a leading provider of specialist adult healthcare and have over 80 services across the UK which specialise in; autism, learning disability, mental health, personality disorder and acquired brain injury.
We are currently seeking an Occupational Therapist to join us on a full time basis, working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Clifton Hospital is a 24 bed specialist low-secure service for men with a personality disorder, who also present with complex mental health needs and challenging behaviours. At Clifton Hospital we create opportunities for sustained positive behavioural change. We achieve this by applying a consistent approach where the men in our care feel encouraged to develop positive interpersonal skills to reduce maladaptive behaviours.
In this role you will:
• Work alongside an Occupational Therapy Assistant and x2 Therapy Coordinators who will assist you in the day to day duties and running of the department including therapeutic activity
• Complete assessments which inform the planning and facilitation of therapeutic interventions appropriate to the client’s needs, choices and interests
• Receive support from the OT Clinical Lead to undertake theoretical practice as part of the occupational science philosophy
to support a patient’s exploration of pro social roles within the boundaries of a secure environment
• Have the opportunity to support and develop service use engagement in regards to the recovery college based within the service
We are looking for people who have:
• A degree / postgraduate diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy, registration with the Health Care Professions Council and a member of the Royal College of Occupational Therapy.
• Experience in the field of Personal Disorder is preferred
• Currently operating as a Specialist OT (Band 6) / or equivalent
• An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
• The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• A good understanding of core Occupational Therapy skills and the motivation to keep up-to-date with current best practice in OT
• Excellent communication / time management skills
In return we will offer you:
• Salary in the region of £28k
• Company pension scheme
• Free meals on duty
• Monthly / bi-monthly supervision by a highly specialist OT
• Opportunity to attend monthly OT meetings focused on CPD, service development, and clinical case discussion
• Training days throughout the year, provided by well-known and inspirational OTs such as Sue Parkinson (MOHO) and Eadaoin Breathnach (Sensory Attachment Intervention)
• CPD and research opportunities
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
If you wish to speak with someone regarding this vacancy please contact Emma Crowcroft (Head OT (Mental Health & Personality Disorder) on or alternatively email:
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job