Salary: £26,000 - £32,000 per annum (Band 6)
Location: The Willows, Wisbech
Permanent – Full Time, 40 Hours per week.
*Relocation package of £2,000 available for successful applicants*
*Golden Handshake of £1,000 available for all successful applicants*
The Cambian Group, the UK’s largest provider of specialist services in education, mental health rehabilitation and learning disabilities, is looking for a dedicated, caring individual to join the company.
We offer excellent training and career progression opportunities as well as a variety of staff benefits.
Cambian Willows is a Tier-4 assessment and treatment unit for children and young people between the ages of 12 and 18, who are experiencing mental health difficulties.
You will be providing Occupational Therapy assessments and interventions within an assessment unit for young people with complex mental health needs. This is a health care setting where you will be working alongside Social Workers, Psychiatry, Health Care Assistants, Psychologists and Occupational Therapy Assistant.
Working as part of a multi professional clinical team, you will be responsible for individual assessment of Occupational needs, and delivery of 1:1 and group interventions
You will be given the opportunity to develop management and supervision, whilst taking responsibility for supervision of the two Occupational Therapy assistants already in post.
Alongside this you will also be providing training, support and consultation to the team working with the young person. This includes key workers within the home, and teaching staff within the service specific education provision. As a developing service there will also be active involvement in the development of the Occupational Therapy service to ensure this is evidence based, and is able to meet the needs of the young people.
Other responsibilities will include attendance at child focused meetings, including CPA review meetings, report writing, training delivery, liaising with external agencies as required, and contributing to risk management plans and placement plans.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, forward thinking occupational therapist to join our friendly team.
- BSc first or an Msc in Occupational Therapy
- Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Demonstrate an interest in service development and promoting team working
- Have a licence and access to own transport.
- Be a strong team player.
- Have excellent communication, organisational and time management skills.
- You will provide quality assessments and interventions within the Model of Human Occupation.
- Experience in working with children & adolescents is advantageous.
In return we offer:
- Full support from a multidisciplinary team
- Regular clinical supervision
- Meetings and peer support with Cambian Occupational Therapists
- Developmental opportunities
- Research opportunities & support
- Internal/external training on new initiatives
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (with increments for length of service included)
You will also learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession.
Successful candidates will need to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post.
Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care.
All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
Cambian is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job