Occupational Therapist - Social Services - Equipment and Adaptations - Southwark - £33.95ph
We are currently looking for an experienced occupational therapist to join the Adult Social Care team in Southwark. The successful occupational therapist will be joining a multidisciplinary team consisting of Occupational Therapists, Social Workers, Senior Enablers and in house enablers who provide enablement to service users.
The team aims to increase and restore patient's independence by providing long term support to service users. This is a community based role for clients that include vulnerable adults with disabilities.
The successful occupational therapist will have experience in adult social care and an interest in working with a small paediatric caseload. Experience with adaptations, moving and handling and equipment provision is required.
The post is to cover 37.5 hours a week, Monday- Friday.
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Deeply rewarding and varied work
- A chance to develop and implement change
- Working within a multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- To carry out occupational therapy assessments of service users living in the community
- Identify their needs for and provision of adaptations and equipment.
- A small paediatric caseload.
- To contribute to the delivery of highly effective Occupational Therapy Services
- Taking responsibility for working and managing a caseload within a framework of appropriate supervision, dependent upon the complexities of these cases and the Occupational Therapist's experience.
- To assess the needs of adults with a disability and families/ carers to recommend the provision of equipment, adaptations, and housing solutions options
- Utilising a range of enablement techniques
- Using evidence based practice to consider the best outcomes
- Assessing the environment thereby maximizing and maintaining independence.
The successful occupational therapist will have experience of….
- Good knowledge and understanding of legislation
- Working in a community setting
- Rehabilitation and assessments experience
- Intermediate care practice
- Falls management skills
- Knowledge of the current policies toward Safeguarding, Risk Assessment/Management and choice and control
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our online training and CPD portal (worth £500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
- occupational therapist
- occupational therapy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job