We're looking for an Occupational Therapist to work as a Care Co-ordinator / Case Manager for a company that provide care to people with complex needs such as spinal cord injury, brain injury, MS, stroke, physical disabilities and complex health needs. As the Care co-ordinator / Case Manager you'll be responsible for assessing client's needs and agreeing care packages, then evaluating the care on a regular basis. On offer is an attractive salary and the opportunity to work for a provider with an excellent reputation.
The Occupational Therapist Care Coordinator Role (similar to Case Manager)
- My client provide live-in care services to people in their own homes and support clients with a wide range of needs including physical disabilities, spinal cord injury, brain injury, MS, MND, stroke, dementia, frail elderly
- As a Care Coordinator you'll be responsible for managing a caseload of clients and be responsible for assessing their care needs, then agreeing a care package. You'll regularly review care plans to ensure that they are person centred, and make sure that they are accessible to the whole team and provide the standard of care expected by the company.
- Undertake independent therapy assessments in order to plan, implement and evaluate treatment and care for people in their own homes.
- You'll report changes observed or information communicated regarding a client to the Care Manager.
- You'll supervise and manage a team of carers, working with the recruitment team to ensure that carers are well-matched to the clients.
- Whilst 85% of your time will be spent in the office, you will also need to visit you clients in their own homes so you will need to be a driver and willing to travel. There is also an on-call phone for which you will need to take part in a rota to cover.
The Successful Candidate
- We're looking for somebody with an Occupational Therapy background - this is essential.
- Experience of working in the community may be beneficial but my client will consider an Occupational Therapist who has worked across any setting where they have been responsible for assessing, implementing and evaluating care to enable people's independence.
- You will need to be a car driver - there is the use of 2 company vehicles when you go on visits, if you'd rather not clock up the mileage on your own vehicle.
- You'll be an enthusiastic, reliable and dedicated individual who is able to work well both independently and as part of a team,
Interested? To be considered for the Occupational Therapist Care Coordinator position please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks. For more information please call m on
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.
- care coordinator
- care manager
- occupational therapist
- case manager
- occupational therapy