We are seeking an Occupational Health Technician to join our client's peripatetic team, covering the Midlands and Bristol
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week. The successful candidate will be required to drive a mobile medical unit to various client sites throughout the UK so a full driving licence will be required. You may be required to stay away from home up to four nights per week.
This role is ideally suited to a career minded, ambitious individual who is looking for that unique opportunity to prove what they can do and then be rewarded for it. You will enjoy working closely alongside your experienced colleagues to deliver and maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction that the industry has to offer.
We are ideally looking for someone with an occupational health background, however, other suitable backgrounds would be Ambulance Service, EMT, Military Medic or an Offshore Medic with knowledge and experience of working in occupational health.
Duties of the role include
- undertaking health screening procedures,
- taking general baseline measurements such as height, weight, blood pressure, urinalysis
- health surveillance screening
- lung function testing
- drug and alcohol testing
The screening procedures give the nursing and physician staff the biometric information they require to be able to make clinical decisions about patient management. The technician has no role in interpreting results apart from in drug and alcohol testing if trained to do so. The technician works to support the OH team in their duties and ensure that all information is accurately gathered and recorded.
- Sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English.
- Ability to work autonomously with support from their line manager and others within the team
- Demonstrates a self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- IT literate
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage own time, self-motivated and capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines.
Candidates must be:
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of professional accountability in the scope of professional practice.
- Able to understand the requirement for patient confidentiality and respect. Possess confidence, assertiveness, tact, diplomacy and empathy for dealing with clients
- Self-aware and a sense of respect for others Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- A team player who is supportive to the team and promotes a positive working environment
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral
For further details contact Tracey McCabe at Options Resourcing in Leamington Spa