Occupational Health Nurse
Salary: £30,000 to £32,000 per annum
Barrow In Furness
We are currently recruiting for two qualified Occupational Health Nurse's to join our team based in Barrow-In-Furness on a full-time basis, 40 hours per week. The shifts will be 8.5 hours to be worked between the hours of 7.30am to 4pm and 3.30pm to 12am (shift allowance applicable after 7pm)
The successful candidate will be required to provide emergency response, treatment service, pre-employments, health surveillance, health promotion, conduct risk assessments and drug and alcohol testing.
Main duties of the role include:
- To provide a full OH/Treatment service in line with the client contract including consultation, clinical assessment & treatment, advice, education, medical assessments etc following company guidelines and written instructions.
- To provide professional advice, support and guidance to the client and wider multidisciplinary team.
- Act as a mentor and professional role model to the Technicians.
- To assess clients presenting to Occupational Health providing sound clinical advice and treatment.
- To assess client's fitness to work for the appropriate job role in line with policies and guidelines and issue appropriate fitness certificates.
- To write letters to GP/Specialists in line with the Access to Medical Reports Act and Data Protection Act.
- To maintain appropriate records in line with departmental protocols on record keeping
- To provide health surveillance in accordance with current legislation and In line with policies and guidelines.
- To provide clinical support to the first aid provision on site.
- To assist in the provision of health promotion and wellbeing on site.
- To maintain valid and up to date registration with the NMC and comply with NMC guidelines in relation to professional issues and clinical supervision
- To maintain working knowledge of policies and procedures and adopt these accordingly
- To maintain a flexible approach to the role according to professional and service needs
- Emergency responses
- Treatment service
- Pre-employment screening
- Health surveillance
- Health promotion
- Risk assessments
- DSE assessments
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Accurate record keeping
- Maintain accurate statistics
- Registered general nurse or qualification in adult nursing
- Driving license
- Good clinical knowledge and expertise for interpretation of health screening / surveillance results
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Good PC/ IT skills
- Administrative skills
- Excellent clinical skills, including suturing and cannulation
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good judgement and decision-making skills
- Presentation skills - for delivery of group health promotion initiatives, health and safety meetings etc.
- Motivation and ability to work effectively individually and as part of a team
- Good time keeping skills
- Ability to organise work demands and priorities to achieve goals
- Specialty qualification in OH
- A&E Experience
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Previous OH experience
- Wide variety of previous nursing experience
- Corporate OH experience
If you would like to apply for this position then please email your CV to or call .
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"