National Express Group is a leading public transport operator with bus, coach and rail services in the UK, Continental Europe, North Africa, North America and the Middle East. Passengers made more than 921 million journeys on our services in 2016. Everything we do is about attracting more happy passengers. We strive to keep everyone safe, if we can't do it safely, we don't do it. To do this we invest to attract, develop and retain the very best employees.
In 2014 we have implemented the Health Bus project to provide support to our employees helping them to enhance their health and wellbeing. A converted service vehicle was turned into a mobile health centre to allow our employees easier access to health check facilities during their working hours.
We are currently looking for a qualified Occupational Health Nurse to provide comprehensive, clinical health testing and routine checks. This is a mobile role, working across all National Express locations to deliver advice, guidance and professional support to our employees.
- Conduct variety of testing including: BMI, blood pressure, glucose levels, cholesterol and ECG measurements
- Complete medical assessments and post appointment documentation
- Effectively manage workload and appointment schedules
- Work closely with the Health Bus Coordinator
- Provide support, assistance and signposting to NX staff
- Maintain occupational health and safety standards of own work environment
- Actively promote Health services, both preventative and rehabilitative, raising the profile of the Health Bus amongst all levels of employees and management
Experience and knowledge:
- Registered Nurse with qualifications in Occupational Health
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Excellent level of time and workload management
- Capability of working autonomously
- Great IT skills
- Excellent level of judgement and decision making
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety legislations
- Great communication and counselling skills
If the above sounds like the next step in your professional career, please follow our online application process to express your interest.
You may have previous experience in the following: occupational health, occupational adviser, nurse, hospital.
- occupational health