The following job is no longer available:
Occupational Health Doctor
Occupational Health Doctor
The Occupational Health Doctor will be responsible for the delivery of high quality clinical occupational health and medical services supporting the nuclear industry across the company’s sites. This includes:
- The clinical assessment of referred clients
- Involvement with undertaking case management (complex and long-term cases)
- Provision of advice to clients
- Health / task assessments of individuals in relation to their work environment
- Guidance on clinical and ethical matters, and is responsible for ensuring clinical governance compliance
Essential/ Desirable Skills
- Medical degree and full registration with GMC and a licence to practice.
- Post graduate experience.
- Good communication skills and an ability to work effectively across departments including HR, Legal, Occupational Hygiene or Dosimetry.
- Interest in Occupational Medicine and is up to date with CPD, Appraisals and revalidation.
- Ability to make independent clinical decisions, to assess cases objectively and provide professional advice.
- Fit to be a monitored worker without restrictions (able to enter controlled areas and deal with casualties contaminated by radioactivity).
- Able and willing to join medical on call rota.
- Full UK driving licence
- Ability to attain DV clearance
- Full medical indemnity insurance to practice occupational medicine or no impediment to obtaining such insurance
- Computer literate
- Accredited specialist in Occupational Medicine and member of the faculty of Occupational Medicine.
- Other qualification in occupational medicine such as Dip Occ Med, AFOM or Msc.
- Experience in Emergency Medicine and or General Medical Practice.
- Managerial or similar experience in hospitals or general medical practice.
- The ability to identify and deliver OH improvements (Such as proactive health screening and health awareness promotion.
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment.
Ability to respond to mass casualty events and to work with security on providing effective responses such as casualty triage and management.
The client is a pioneer for the UK’s nuclear industry and supported national defence, generated electricity for nearly half a century, and developed the ability to safely manage nuclear waste. Today, is covers 6 square kilometres and is home to more than 200 nuclear facilities and the largest inventory of untreated nuclear waste in the world.
The Occupational Health Department is an in-house resource staffed by a multi-disciplinary team including four full time occupational medicine qualified doctors and 21 full time equivalent Nurses including specialised OH nurses. The service provision encompasses two primary sites with six surgeries to a population of approximately 15,000 workers boy employed and contractors to a nuclear licensed site and large office-based location.
The successful candidate will enjoy a generous bonus scheme, Holiday allowances, Attractive defined contribution pension scheme, Childcare Vouchers scheme, Cycle to work scheme, Sick Pay, Group Life Assurance Scheme & Personal Accident Scheme
Closing date 2nd July 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"