This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is keen to develop their occupational health career in house, within a food manufacturing environment.
You will lead the delivery of a good occupational health service, which ensures all employees work in a safe environment. This role will involve some initial work around setting up processes, planning wellbeing and Health Surveillance programmes and processes for referrals.
Day to day you will:
- Work with operation teams to deploy safe working policies and health promotions schemes to maximise employee wellbeing and minimise absence rates
- Monitor number and capability of first aiders to ensure that there are trained and competent to provide the required level of response in an emergency
- Ensure health surveillance is undertaken on all employees in accordance with the risk assessment legislation
- Provide the sites with health data analysis based on case management and health surveillance to drive compliance, prioritising local prevention activities and informing division wide policy development
- Provide medical advice, support and counselling to employees where required and guide the company on progress and adaptations as appropriate
- Ensure the safekeeping of all confidential medical records, in accordance with GDPR guidelines, to ensure auditable information is in place
- Line manage and work in conjunction with an Occupational Health Technician
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,500 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Here at Manton Wood, we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues. We produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our Manton Wood site has a gym, restaurant with hot food and a staff shop available to all our colleagues.What we’re looking for
- You will need to be a Registered Nurse with a specialist qualification (Degree or Diploma) in Occupational Health
- Experience of undertaking case management and surveillance in-house or with external providers
- Have confidence to make decisions and use initiative in this standalone role
- Be able to maintain confidentiality with a working knowledge of GDPR
- Have a basic understanding of Excel
- Flexibility to undertake two evening shifts per week to capture nights colleagues
If this sounds like you, join us and grow with Greencore, and be a part of driving our future successWhat you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 statutory holidays
- Pension contributions up to 8% matched, up to 4x life assurance
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications - fully funded in-house study
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform, cycle to work scheme, opportunity to buy additional annual leave
- Discounted restaurant and staff shop on-site
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'