Occupational Health Advisor Responsibilities:
- To assess employees presenting to occupational health services, initiating and completing full case management and liaising with management and the Human Resources team as appropriate.
- To request medical information from GP’s and specialists in accordance with relevant legislation.
- To respond positively to employee / manager requests for help and advice on work environment issues.
- Fitness to work planning, assessment and screening.
- Provision of health surveillance where this is required e.g. night workers.
- Sickness Absence Case Management and return to work rehabilitation.
- Assessment, diagnosis, investigation and reporting of Occupational Illness cases.
- Handling referrals of employee injuries, sicknesses, health checks and workplace adjustment queries.
- Management of sickness absence, including long-term illness, recurrent short term absence and work related ill health along with health surveillance and health promotion.
Occupational Health Advisor Requirements:
- At least five years’ experience as an Occupational Health Advisor.
- Registration with NMC Part 1.
- Postgraduate qualification in Occupational Health.
- Evidence of up to date knowledge base of professional and specialist issues.
- Great skills, patience, mental strength, and high levels of self-motivation and confidence.
- Requirement to undergo a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS, formerly known as CRB, or Criminal Records Bureau) check.
- Sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English.
About A F Blakemore & Son Ltd:
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 44th largest privately owned business in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion.
Location: Apex 2, Tipton, DY4 0PY
Job type: Part Time, Permanent, 20-24 hours per week, flexible
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Savings scheme
Closing date for applications: 21st February, 2020
You may have experience of the following: Occupational Health Advisor, OH Nurse, Workplace Health Assessments, Health Surveillance & Screening, Sickness Absence Management, Occupational Health Service, etc.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'