Orion Group Sciences are looking for an Observational Research Scientist for our multinational pharmaceutical client based in the Middlesex area on an initial 12-month contract with the potential to extend.
The epidemiology position will be responsible for writing Statistical Analysis Plans (SAPs), guiding data analysts to explore the client's real-world data (RWD) assets and interpreting the output.
Main Responsibilities of the role
- Responsible for writing of SAPs
- Contributes to projects using real-world healthcare data assets
- Guiding the analysts to explore RWD
- Contributes to research strategy within the product team and epidemiology TA
- Provides input into epidemiology department meetings
- Stays abreast of the latest developments in the field of epidemiology and drug development, healthcare RWD and contributes to the field
- Promotes epidemiologic awareness
- Promotes understanding and use of RWD and epidemiologic methods
- Communicate significant scientific information to a variety of audiences
Desired Experience and Background of the successful candidate
- Master's degree in Epidemiology or other subject with high epidemiologic content or Doctorate in Epidemiology or other subject with high epidemiologic content (Preferred)
- Experience in epidemiologic research
- Prior experience with large databases such as CPRD or THIN is strongly desired
- Experience in SAS or other statistical software is also highly desired
- Strong writing skills, communication, enthusiasm, and time management skills are essential
- Experience in the design, execution, and analysis of epidemiology studies within Pharmaceutical or Public Health setting
- Experience in research to support drug development
- Experience in working with RWD
- Experience with large databases such as CPRD or THIN
- Experience in epidemiological project planning and management
- Experience communicating epidemiological information (written and oral)
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of SAS or other statistical software
- Record of publication in peer-reviewed journals
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'