- There are a couple of vacancies one is more MUMPS and the other more Cache Ojects (obviously someone with both would also be desirable).
- Ideally the client wants to hire permanently but will also cosider Contract and temp/day rate asa an option.
Client & Responsibilities
Our client a leading city firm with a large in-house Management system requires a Caché Objects Developer (experience re other objects development will be considered). Ideally offered as a permanent position they will also consider FTC and temp/day rate applications.
The key responsibilities for this role are listed below:
- Work with other developers and other departments to develop the firm’s Management System to meet the firm’s needs.
- Participate in the full software development cycle, determining and documenting the requirements, through coding and testing the solutions, informal training of main users, and the subsequent support and enhancement of the software.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in Caché Objects and investigate how these can be incorporated into and benefit the Practice Management System.
About the Management System (MS)
The Management System manages all data and functionality relating to the company’s clients and business, the company’s finances and management reporting.
The Management System is hosted in London and overseas and is a bespoke system (runs on a Caché 2013.1 platform). This is under Windows 2012R2 Server. The system has been developed over a long period and, over that period, various technologies have been used in application development.
- The original "terminal" applications were created in MUMPS utilising a 4GL technology (MDM (the source code for MDM is now also maintained in-house). A number of these applications are still supported.
- Windows Client applications are written in VB 6 and Visual C++ and C# or VB.NET and access the database via Caché Objects or Caché Direct.
- Business Intelligence applications are written using the Microsoft BI stack.
- They are currently evaluating alternatives to CSP such as AngularJS for web development side.
Candidates for this position will be expected to have worked, or be working, in a role requiring the above skill-set.
You will ideally have:
2 years+ commercial experience (flexible up or down) of developing applications using Caché Objects technology.
- An advantage (not essential) is if you also have Microsoft BI stack (so SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI) or modern web frameworks and web design
- An ability to communicate at all levels (written, spoken and presenting), in particular when communicating technical concepts to other staff.
- Problem-solving skills, ability to find the right solution to a problem from a technical specification.
- Analytical skills, with the ability to understand a high-level problem, to translate this into detailed requirements and technical specifications.
- A methodical approach to writing code, testing and documenting a solution.
- Proven ability to work independently, also to show a great contribution as a team player.
- Can work to agreed deadlines.
- Experience of working in a diverse team whilst fostering an inclusive team culture
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displaying the highest standard of professional ethics.
Standard office hours are 9:30am to 5:30pm but some working outside the normal working hours may be required at times.
About Brimstone Consulting: We specialise in finding highly qualified staff in the following areas: Legal (Paralegal to Partner) & Legaltech (E-Discovery and Digital Forensics); Payments; Fraud - (AML/CTF, Investigation, CFE’s etc.); Risk - (Credit, Regulatory, Liquidity, Market, Analysts-SAS, SPSS etc.); Compliance/Corporate Governance ; IT - (full SDLC- BA’s PM’s , Architects, Developers etc.); Big Data and Data Analytics - (MI/BI/CI); InfoSec and Cyber Crime; Audit; Accountancy and Finance
Brimstone Consulting acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates. Brimstone Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Due to time constraints we can only reply to applicants that match our clients’ specifications.
Our Data Protection number: ZA053843
- Software Development
- Cache Objects