NX Design Engineers
Working through the our clients cutting edge Design group, and reporting into a wide range of projects through the Technical Lead, the successful individual will have a good understanding of engineering and be able to adapt to mechanical, composite and electrical systems as projects dictate.
Responsible for taking a range of designs from initial concepts through to volume production. This will involve working closely with a range of customers from SMB's to major OEM's to interpret their requirements and deliver engineered solutions within weight, cost and timing targets
- Working as a Design Engineer in project teams to undertake a wide range of either mechanical, composite and electrical design projects for a broad customer base.
- Be responsible for taking engineering designs from concept through to manufacture working within customers cost and timing requirements.
- Component design and detailing using Siemens NX and TeamCentre.
- Working knowledge of CATIA V5 would be an advantage.
- Attend design reviews to present design ideas and to discuss and critique alternative design solutions.
- In conjunction with the project Technical Lead deliver design solutions that fulfil customer requirements within budget and strict deadlines
- Work closely with purchasing and production departments to ensure cost and manufacturing capability is built in to the project design, particularly with reference to quality and build parameters.
- Generate and present project material to customers and key internal and external stakeholders.
Experience and Qualifications:
- A Degree in Mechanical, Automotive, Motorsport or Aerospace engineering.
- High level of CAD literacy in Siemens NX and TeamCentre is essential!
- Working knowledge of CATIA V5 would be useful.
- Good working knowledge of proprietary PC software e.g. MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'